My daughter was at a birthday party sleepover a little while ago and was very impressed with their evening meal. For dinner they had these "pizza grilled cheese sandwiches" and she was emphatic on how really good this food was.
She was trying to explain how they were cooked and was saying that it was pressed in this "thing". I asked if it was a Panini Pan and her head nodded very quickly in an excited yes motion.
They sounded like such a great idea for supper and would be a delicious and super easy meal so I decided that we would try it! Only curve in the road was the fact that I didn't have a Panini Pan. No problem! George Foreman to the rescue. The man is my hero and not for his boxing skills. My kids are having pizza panini for supper.
My little not so secret kitchen appliance is one of the famous George Foreman grills and it does everything I need it to do plus more. Cooking the perfect Panini? It sure did.
Pizza Panini Sandwich Directions
1. Take your bread (you can pretty much use any type of bread you'd like for this. Anything from white to whole grain). I used whole wheat Texas toast as it is quite a bit thicker than the average piece of bread.
2. Butter the outsides of them just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
3. Add your pizza sauce (meat, mushroom, garlic. Anything you think might work is good).
4. Add the ingredients from your favorite pizza (I made sure to mix cheese into the ingredients to ensure my pizza paninis stayed together).
5. Put your pizza sandwiches into your Pan or George Foreman grill and let em cook.
6. ENJOY the melted goodness!!
The ingredients you put into your pizza panini can vary quite a bit depending on the taste preferences of each individual. Ours were very simple but next time I'll pre-plan this meal a little better and get a little more creative with adding different ingredients. This time we had pepperoni pizza paninis and let me tell you they were delicious!
Ha! This is Starting to Sound Like a George Foreman Commercial
In They Go and Then Out They Come!
Stay on Top of Our Latest News at Facebook
I'm an extremely happy person. I love my family and am lucky to be married to my best friend Otto Phillips. I've always loved to write poetry and I also love to cook so you can kind of guess which topics I most often write on.